This project was inspired by a well-known restaurant visionary. Their vision was to remodel a previous T-Mobile store into a new spin on mini burgers.
The tenant finish out for this restaurant developer presented unique general contracting services for this Dallas based restaurant. The restaurant developer is well known for previous restaurant concepts such as Chili’s, Velvet Taco, and Pei Wei Asian Diner. It was a great pleasure to work with this restaurateur after many years of building for the Pei Wei brand.
Challenge / Problems
- With this being a concept location for this restaurant, it presented many design and scope changes along the way. During the height of our industry’s labor shortage and supply demands, procuring new materials mid build created continued project delays as this followed scheduling conflicts for contracted subcontractors.
- Being this location was previously a T-Mobile store, the space required the configuration of bringing in a grease trap.
- To expand the access to this restaurant for carry out and food delivery services, our team had to add a side entry door.
- We worked hand in hand with the Dallas based restaurant developer’s construction consultant to adapt to the visionary changes along the way. Strong and continued communication brought this concept to life through all the changes, labor shortage, and supply demands.
- We were able to cut in the grease trap in a paving area and connect the sewer
- Our team successfully provided the side door to this restaurant location with the collaboration of our legacy masonry team. Cutting into the CMU wall, securing the area, and installing the new door brought this client’s vision to life.